Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Poetry 135: Remembering More

Remembering More

I am terrified 
of being forgotten;
left behind,
without a protector,
unmemorable,
without definition. 

This leaves me 
in a constant 
state of dis-ease
with the occasional
side of panic. 

Will they leave?
Will they return?
Will I be remembered?

What’s that?
Egotism, you say?

Not quite. 

And yet,
ego for certain,
as this narrative
is one of 
my oldest stories. 

An outer blue print
compressed upon 
me since 
the early days of 
Space mountain
and Yellowstone,
that ever so proficiently
silences the voice of
my inner sanctuary. 

If only I could 
remember there
is more...

Hidden in clear sight
more. 

Black matter 
more. 

Invisible holding
that cannot 
and will not 
forget me
more. 

Capital "M" More.

If only I could 
remember 
the proven truth
of unconditional 
wanting that envelopes
me each day
of my life
and there after. 

If only I 
could remember. 

-Me

(Inspired by Kent Hoffman's "Eightysevenminutes" http://www.eightysevenminutes.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment