Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2018

Poetry 121: Learning To Fly

Learning To Fly

One by one the members
of my tribe
left the nest.

Left alone,
before I knew how to fly,
my body adapted.

And I flew.

Yet,
without technique,
without the inertia of a crew,
fatigue quickly
set in.

Missing links
exposed themselves
between the wax and feathers.

Trust, faith and forgiveness,
the three elements of intimacy,
atrophied
under the blanket of dormancy.

It felt like starting from scratch.

Can you really teach
an old dog new tricks?

I love you.
I'll let you love me.
It all felt so hard-
still does sometimes.

Now, a new chief,
a new tribe,
a new nest.

An opportunity to practice
the ancient wisdom of
the scales
I never learned.

Truth, faith and forgiveness-
a sacred eclipsing is
taking shape
across the golden sky.

Gratitude runneth over;
it always does when
the sweetness of honey
fills the empty
spaces inside.

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment