Search This Blog

Friday, May 12, 2017

Poetry 112: Death Before Dying

Death Before Dying

Lying in savasana,
the end before the end,
I feel the death
before dying.

Somewhat mysterious
in its subtly-
a life both alive and gone.

An inner dialogue of 
devastation and long awaited relief.

As always,
I look to nature for clues

for how to skillfully proceed.

The rotting log.
The budding leaf.

Yet,
I'm fairly sure,
nature's steadfast wisdom
still cannot comprehend
the heart-breaking grief

that is orchestrated in our human soul.

(Can it?)

I believe You bestowed
that Gift to us alone.

Yet this aching Gift consumes me,
forcing me to crave the resurrection.


Now.
Please.

I do not want
to experience this death until
its painstaking end-
god knows how long that will be...

You pause.

Sweetheart,
You whisper,
with all the tenderness
of a Beloved,
it is still too soon.

Some things cannot be rushed.
Some things cannot be glossed over.

I take a breath.
Long and slow this time.

Okay, I say, on the exhale.

I will stay 
a little while longer.

Another death before dying.
Another glimpse
into the really real;
where You and I will intersect
in the ashes once more.


-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment