Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Poetry 107: Merging Landscapes

Merging Landscapes

I no longer know where I begin

and where I end.


Am I the sky,

the wind,

the ground upon which I stand?


When sadness and joy

stand beside each other

under a cloudy sky,

where is the luminous sun?

The reflective moon?


As always,

I seem to have more questions

than answers.


Yet when the cold air enters my skin

as I move through the mundane,

or the hot air forces sweat down my brow

as I write these very words,

I feel the unmistakable

merging of landscapes

that makes the pain

of the world bearable

for just

one

more

day.


Because I know,

the manufactured borderland

of internal and external

disappears into only sensation

in the end;

when all that remains

is infinity.


In these transcendent moments,

I am no longer me,

And you are no longer you.


When creation is creator,

And creator is creation.


When we are all finally free.

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment