Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Poetry 103: So Wide and So Deep & Incompatible Companion

So Wide and So Deep
If I am still for long enough,
I mean really still,
I will be reminded of an ocean of grief inside of me.

It is an ocean so wide and so deep
that I could not cry all its tears in one single lifetime.

So I move.

Move my feet.
Move my hands.
Move my attention.
Move my intellect.

Taste it. Touch it. Feel it. See it. Hear it.
Go out.
For god’s sake, go out!
Don’t go in.
Never go in.

In, is an abyss of heartache.
In, is a pain so wide and so deep
it could fill an ocean with its tears.

-Me

Incompatible Companion
Sadness is my everyday companion.
Wherever I go,
she goes with me.

I've come to believe though,
it's not a bad thing-
nor very remarkable.

In the least dismissive way,
it is what it is.

There was a time I tried to hide it.

From myself.
From the world.

Fruitless. 

But you already knew that.

All it really means now
is that I love the world deeply,
and I know I can't help it.

I will always want to cry when I hear a child was raped.
My chest will hurt every time I hear a bomb exploded in a park in Pakistan.

Though my nightmares haunt me,
I wear my heart on the outside.

Is there any other way to live?

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment