Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Letting Go of the Weather

“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”
-Pema Chodron
My 6 year-old son and I both made a commitment last night to try to have a better week this week than we did last.  Since it was Sunday night, we tried to set ourselves up for success by doing things like setting out our clothes for the next day.
Along with the concrete stuff, I also tried to hold close to my heart these words above by Pema Chodron.  I was recently supervising a student in my work at the hospital, and she reminded me of this wonderful quote.
A good reminder I think.  On the easy-going and smooth weeks, and the tough ones too, it is difficult but critical to be mindful that I not cling to whatever "weather" happens to be crossing my path. Just notice it, and let go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment